Bringing You The Grief Café!

We are honoured and excited to announce that we are in partnership With YogaOfLife to bring you The Grief Cafe!
This is a free event where anyone and everyone can join to share their experiences of #grief
This is an open dialogue led by you, for you
To get your free tickets, click HERE!

We are so excited for this new venture, and we are overjoyed by all the support we have received on this blog. We really hope to see some of our lovely followers on the 30th August 2020.

What you can expect:

You can expect to meet with fellow people who have gone through a similar experience to you. While no two grief stories are the same, we want to build a steady grief community to learn from, and listen to, each other.

Most importantly, we want to normalise the conversation about grief, and you will be heard.

If you know someone this could be a useful tool for, share it with them too!

#NormaliseTheConversation

24 thoughts on “Bringing You The Grief Café!

1. Sukanya – I am sukanya . I am school going girl . 🙂🙂 . I think unity is strength . To be United in this situation I started this blog . I needed this blog to let others know about my thinking . Hope I'll get some space in all your heart ❤️❤️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️
    Sukanya says:

nice post

2. JoeRover – One day while on a field trip, I was bitten by a radioactive writer. Thus, I was granted the proportional imagination and typing speed of a writer. I also found that I could stick notes to walls and developed an early warning “grammar sense.” Eventually, I learned that with great action verbs comes great sentences. From that day forward, I was The Somewhat Impressive Writer-Man! But really… Joe Rover is the pen name of an author who spends his time writing many family-friendly fictional stories. “Joe” has been a journalist, computer programmer, photographer, and graphic designer. He is currently studying digital animation and business.
    JoeRover says:

Sounds like an excellent idea. Glad to hear you are doing this.

3. emergingfromthedarknight – Australia – "The religious naturalist is provisioned with tales of natural emergence that are, to my mind, far more magical than traditional miracles. Emergence is inherent in everything that is alive, allowing our yearning for supernatural miracles to be subsumed by our joy in the countless miracles that surround us." Ursula Goodenough How to describe oneself? People are a mystery and there is so much more to us than just our particular experiences or occupations. I could write down a list of attributes and they still might not paint a complete picture pf Deborah Louise and in any case it would not be the full truth of me. I would say that my purpose here on Wordpress is to express some of my random experiences, thoughts and feelings, to share about my particular journey and explore some subjects dear to my heart, such as emotional recovery, healing and astrology while posting up some of the prose/poems which are an outgrowth of my labours with life, love and relationships. If anything I write touches you I would be so pleased to hear for the purpose of reaching out and expressung ourselves is hopefully to connect with each other and find where our souls meet.
    emergingfromthedarknight says:

What a brilliant idea.. I am always wanting to start a grief group. This is perfect for Covid 19 days..

1. emergingfromthedarknight – Australia – "The religious naturalist is provisioned with tales of natural emergence that are, to my mind, far more magical than traditional miracles. Emergence is inherent in everything that is alive, allowing our yearning for supernatural miracles to be subsumed by our joy in the countless miracles that surround us." Ursula Goodenough How to describe oneself? People are a mystery and there is so much more to us than just our particular experiences or occupations. I could write down a list of attributes and they still might not paint a complete picture pf Deborah Louise and in any case it would not be the full truth of me. I would say that my purpose here on Wordpress is to express some of my random experiences, thoughts and feelings, to share about my particular journey and explore some subjects dear to my heart, such as emotional recovery, healing and astrology while posting up some of the prose/poems which are an outgrowth of my labours with life, love and relationships. If anything I write touches you I would be so pleased to hear for the purpose of reaching out and expressung ourselves is hopefully to connect with each other and find where our souls meet.
        emergingfromthedarknight says:

Okay i will do just have to sort out the time difference.. I am in Australia 🙂

4. Tina – The best is yet to come. “Hope is one of the Theological virtues. This means that a continual looking forward to the eternal world is not (as some modern people think) a form of escapism or wishful thinking, but one of the things a Christian is meant to do. It does not mean that we are to leave the present world as it is. If you read history you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were just those who thought most of the next.” – C.S. Lewis/Mere Christianity <3 "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." --Romans 12:12
    Tina says:

Normalizing the conversation about grief… what a wonderful idea.

5. rawgod – Alberta, Canada – Still a Hippie, and proud of it. Have my BSW, now retired. Would have preferred to be a Dr. of Philosophy, but the university I went to wouldn't let me study my own philosophy. Your gain, their loss. I live on the edge of society with my partner, five cats, a broodmare, and a three year-old filly who might make her racing debut this coming summer or fall. Remember the name, Tricksy T Clanton.
    rawgod says:

It is 5 am MDT for me. I take it if you have tickets you are limiting the number of cafe goers. If I am awake that early morning I will look to see if there are any tickets still available. I do not want to take a ticket someone else can use for sure. That is not the way I am built. Hope you are serving hot chocolate, just in case.
    Is BST the Daylight time for GMT, or are they unconnected?

1. hello! That is absolutely fine, there will be more in the future to accommodate for different time zones. There will be tickets available but get one when you feel ready!

BST is British Summertime 🙂

1. rawgod – Alberta, Canada – Still a Hippie, and proud of it. Have my BSW, now retired. Would have preferred to be a Dr. of Philosophy, but the university I went to wouldn't let me study my own philosophy. Your gain, their loss. I live on the edge of society with my partner, five cats, a broodmare, and a three year-old filly who might make her racing debut this coming summer or fall. Remember the name, Tricksy T Clanton.
        rawgod says:

Yes, got the BST, but was wondering the relationship to Greenwich Mean Time? I might need to know that someday, lol.

6. Msdedeng – At 41, I am still figuring out life: my place in society, my career path, a family of my own, any many others things. Heck, I am still trying to make friends in California; a place I moved to 3 years ago. I am currently in a Community College to make up for the many years I missed school while in Africa (Uganda). I intend to transfer to university next year and double major in History and English. I lead a very ordinary life; a normal day is spent doing school assignments, hiking, or reading. My favorite thing to do is walk! Short walks or long walks it does not matter. Walking allows me to think about things - anything! My love of walking comes from where I grew up, a small village in northeastern Uganda. It is still one of the most remotest areas I will ever know, and couldn't even start comparing what life is like there to say a place like California. Walking was all I did while growing up! I walked for miles to school, to church, to the shops, to the borehole to fetch water, and to the market. It was quite an adventure unlike any other - so you now understand my love for walking.
    Msdedeng says:

A wonderful idea.

7. cookingwithloveandspices – Texas, USA – Cooking is my art form. I love to have fun with flavors and really enjoy the food. It just so happens that my food is part of a healthy lifestyle. My blog is dedicated to my mom and grandmother because I learned to cook by watching them. I love to cook for my friends and make them feel welcome in my home. WELCOME to my blog:)
    cookingwithloveandspices says:

What a great idea Very thoughtful of you to put this together.