As Told By David

“I believe that helping others towards a happier life is the best way to cope with grief and the other tough hands that we are dealt.”

Thank you so much to David for getting in touch with this lovely submission. It is lovely to have him speak on our blog.

If you would like to submit your own post/comments, feel free to DM us on social media ( @thegriefreality ), email us ( thegriefreality@outlook.com ), or comment under this post.

Have a lovely day, and we look forward to the conversation below.

14 thoughts on “As Told By David

1. Prakaash inspiration – B j medical, college, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India – "If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading or do things worth the writing" - Benjamin Franklin. Hi, I am Dr Prakash, Researcher/Mentor/Doctor/Medical Teacher/Spiritual Guide/Professional writer/ Public health expert and Presently working at B.J. Medical college, civil hospital, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India as a lecturer in Public health. (Ex. Assistant Professor, Government medical college, Surat.Ex.Insurance medical officer, Halol.Ex.Medical officer, PHC vadgam, Cambay. Dear friends, a warm welcome to my blogging site. My write up, article, case studies, thoughts of the day, Personel and Professional experience blends of Inspiration, Motivation, Education, self-help, philosophy, spirituality, Human Resource Management and Behaviour science with the insight of the eastern world of wisdom with latest updates from western science. You are invited to have a look at my various articles and post. Thanks and Make a Great Day Ahead. Dr Prakash ❤️
    Prakaash inspiration says:

Rightly said. Helping others is really best means to come out of difficult times.

2. AP2 – Hong Kong – A pilot by trade, father and husband by day, and aspiring writer by night. I love to eat well, travel far and think too much. My blog - clear-air-turbulence.com - is centred around the idea of building a robust moral compass to navigate life. My writing requires a pinch of salt.
    AP2 says:

Great insight. I think many of us who manage to overcome difficulties – especially with the help of someone else – often end up finding greater purpose from it. They want to help others as they have been. Thanks for sharing

3. paulguisbournehiltonalifeworthgiving – I am a 56 years old male living for the last 5 years in Pembrokeshire West Wales in the UK. I have entitled this blog along with my Facebook page as A Life worth giving because when I was growing up I was taught that the only way to get on in life was to be selfish, not even sharing sweets, books, pens or anything. I moved into adulthood with very much the same view of life and entered in my teens a life of alcohol dependency, another very selfish trait, my drinking consumed every waking moment and I saw alcohol as both my best friend and worst enemy, the only real positive was that it never let me down. Life changed for me in 1997 in the month of April when I stopped drinking and started to awaken my feelings, I found that I actually enjoyed life, enjoyed feeling although it was hard and left me feeling vulnerable yet today I am at my happiest, in a very loving relationship and life is good. A life worth giving is about my journey through life but also about being selfless and serving others willingly and with an attitude of gratitude.
    paulguisbournehiltonalifeworthgiving says:

It is definitely a positive way

4. Cheryl, Gulf Coast Poet – Gulf Coast of Florida – A retired teacher, I live with my significant other on the Gulf Coast of Florida. I enjoy the beach, walking outdoors, movies, and reading. Hanging Out with Wild Animals is a book series of photos and poems about my encounters with Florida animals. Wonders is a book of poems inspired by the men I have known and loved. Life in Inspiring Places is a book of photos and poems about the places rich in history and natural beauty that I have called home. Excerpts from the books and additional poems can be found on my website. Cheryl Batavia
    gulfcoastpoet@gmail.com says:

Helping others makes us feel needed and that we can make a difference. It is empowering. Thank you, David, for your thoughts on overcoming grief in a positive way. Take care. Cheryl

5. The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped. Positive word thanks.

6. Jimmy John – After a long term of boredom becoming a boredom. I think it's time to show up. A young lad who gave upon impressing people, instead loves to share, express and communicate those raw thoughts and vague imaginations with all readers, friends and folks.
    Jimmy John says:

Well said

7. I guess there’s merit in this statement. At times, when we focus on others, we do get a fresh perspective on our own grief. That does help us cope.